Saturday, February 18, 2017

If at first you don't succeed

I'm only a few weeks into my carbon challenge, and I'm finding that even the basic things like calculating carbon footprints and buying carbon credits is a challenge. Although I'm still buying TerraPass carbon credits, their methods for calculation seem a bit...um...generous. The more I research on human carbon footprints, the more I think that Carbonfund's methods ring true. Not only are they a bit more pessimistic on how easily remediated our activity is, they also have a few other things recommending them. 1. They are a charity (tax deductible!), and a 4-star rated one at that.  and 2. The money goes towards remediation, sequestration, and renewable energy project development.

If we are going to march our way out of this problem, we are going to have to take bold action and try  multiple things. In that spirit, we're going to work with both TerraPass and Carbonfund, and keep looking for ways to calculate our true effect on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment